It always seems that before we go on vacations, especially ones as monumental as this one coming up, that we spend a good chunk of money prior to leaving. It's like we decide to buy several things that we've had our eye on for a while, mostly because we want to have them on vacation...or maybe it's just a good excuse to spend some money :) Oh, and also it was a rainy weekend again and there's just not much else to do but shop when the weather stinks like this June. It started with our weekly trip to Sam's and Quinn decided to buy a Nintendo DSi, shown below to replace his DS. He's saved money since his birthday and it was a big choice to spend it but he's thought about it for weeks so he's certain he wants it. He also nicely gave the DS to Keely, so now they both have one. This new one has a camera and voice recorder, and Quinn's been having some fun with those features in addition to playing his favorite games. This hardware is essential on long plane and car drives, as we are about to embark on, so it's good that we don't have to hear the fighting over the one DS anymore.

Then we dropped Quinn at a birthday party, and on our way to the mall (Keely's choice for something fun while she was the only child) we stopped at the AT&T store and picked up this. I got a 3G and James ordered a 3G S as they were already out of stock. Hopefully his will arrive before we leave, but not a big deal if it doesn't.

I never had any idea that I wanted an iPhone but James started talking it up, and here I am with one and now I can't imagine how I lived without it :) It's just SO cool, and I already love it. I have obviously overcome my dislike of all things Apple, but don't fear I will not buy a Mac Book. Still, it's a pretty cool phone and so much more and I am having fun learning all the new features.
So those are our new toys. We also got a new suitcase for the trip, and new swim goggles and shoes for both kids. I think we're all set, but I'm still looking for a new bag to use on the plane and while we are there (something bigger than a purse that can handle travel accoutriments). I can't believe we leave in just 1 week!
1 comment:
Erin congrats on the IPhone thingy!! very nice!
Post a Comment