June 15, 2009

Locks of Love

Last fall, I decided to grow my hair to donate to Locks of Love, a charity that donates hair for wigs for cancer patients and the like. I was inspired by my lovely sister in law, Lois who had just donated 11" and another gal I knew through work that donated 24" (!). I already had my hair medium long, but now I've been growing it for 8 months or so. I'd say I have about 8" or so and I think I have to grow it through the summer to get to the required 10". I could do 10" now but I'd have a bob left, and I'd really like to have shoulder length when it's all said and done. Getting a hair style to accomodate this growth has been a challenge, and I literally didn't get my hair cut at all between December 5th and just a couple of weeks ago. (Yes, losing my job had a bit to do with that since I didn't want to spend $50 on a haircut while unemployed.) I am the kind of person who hates to go get a hair cut and then not even notice that I got my hair cut. So I was struggling to come up with something "different" while not changing the length. It's about midway down my back now, and she only gave it a trim on the ends. But I've stuck with long layers and the major change is the introduction of bangs. It's been since I was in high school (and had a perm!) that I had bangs so it's taken a bit of time to get used to this again. I do like it though, and at least people have noticed that I did something different :) So without further adieu, here I am in a couple of recent shots.

No comments: