February 26, 2009

The Rhyming Festival

Tonight was a nice relaxing night. All back to normal and I actually cooked dinner for the first time in a while (we were away and no use cooking a real meal when it's just me and the kiddos). The kids both had baths and Quinn read a story to Keely (A Fish Out of Water). His reading skills are really getting good, and he's tackling chapter books on his own. When we were all sitting in Keely's room, he said to me: "Mama, I have a busy day tomorrow. I have Spanish, P.E., picking up Nana, a birthday party, movie night and the rhyming festival. That's 6 things!"

Let me explain a couple of those -- see Friday is typically movie night, or rather pretty much the only night we turn the TV on before the kids are in bed. It was supposed to be game night, but Keely was really too young to play games when we started it so it turned into movie night and it's stuck.

Now the rhyming festival. All week, Keely has been talking about this festival she is putting on in her room, and we are all invited. She will be picking books out (presumably ones that rhyme) and serving cupcakes (presumably made in her Cupcake Maker she got for Christmas) and beer (presumably bought by an adult and consumed only by the adults in attendance). She says I am her helper and I will be setting everything up with her in the morning after Pre-K. So we'll see what happens tomorrow, sounds like she has quite an event planned for us :)

Quinn also discovered his 5th loose tooth this afternoon...don't hold your breath, we'll be lucky to see it before his 8th birthday!

So it will be a busy day, in addition to the things Quinn mentioned I am taking Keely for her 5 year checkup and her Kindergarten immunizations. She's typically a trooper and doesn't cry too much...but she will deserve a party after those!

No comments: