March 2, 2009
Tales from the Weekend
The rhyming festival was a success, at least by my definition. Keely is a good host, and she had the whole thing planned out. Of course as long as we will listen to her wishes, everything goes smoothly. As her Pre-K teacher says to me, "I know she will be a CEO one day, but will she be one with a heart?". She started by dressing me up, and having me curl my hair. She even applied my lipstick for me :) We took turns reading from rhyming books (mostly Dr. Seuss) and then the kids danced to some music. We ended with ice cream sundaes, and then I was allowed to take off my "fancy" clothes. Here I am with the kids, Keely is in her mermaid costume and the boys were not required to change. Notice the butterfly clip in my hair...
Here is me and Nana, who had limited dress up clothes so she used a belt to accessorize.
And here I am with Keely, ready for the festival!
The rest of the weekend was fairly normal, the weather was nice and the kids got to get outside. We also went out to dinner at Famous Dave's (thanks Nana!) and the kids went to see Tales of Despereaux with Nana yesterday while James and I went grocery shopping and I made Asparagus Lasagna, yum! Here are a few more pictures of the kids outside enjoying the springlike temperatures. We took the training wheels off Keely's bike so she can learn to ride it. She did good on her first time out!

Keely also did really well with her shots, and didn't cry at all. Two in one arm and one in the other! She is now officially ready for Kindergarten :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the hair clip Erin....maybe you should wear that to your interviews! :) Take Care!
Post a Comment