Then we went to the Colorado History Museum. Kids are free on Saturdays so we were all able to get in for $14! Here are a few pictures of the kids in the museum, enjoying some of the Colorado past. Quinn got to build his own "city" out of labeled blocks (i.e. park, jail, art center, school, etc.).
Here are the kids posing on horses in the Denver history area.
On the way out of the museum, we came upon an old school classroom. The door was open, so in we went and it was so cute. Only on the way out did we see the sign that said "for school groups only". Oh well, we were just a really tiny school group :)
And there was a chair in the corner, so it was only appropriate that I made Keely sit there (it was for pretend only this time, but it's something I should probably implement at home!).
On the way back to the hotel, I couldn't resist a picture of the State Capitol with the brilliant blue sky behind. And of course everyone posing nicely in front of it :)
That night we ate a lovely dinner at the Paramount Cafe, complete with a nice happy hour of $3 margaritas! Oh how I miss a state with normal liquor laws :( On Sunday, we went to the Denver Art Museum. This was not such a bargain, costing $31 for the whole family and I'd say if the kids were a little older, we would have gotten more out of it. But it was not as warm of a day and thus we needed another indoor activity. I love the outside of the building, but everyone would not participate in the picture this time...
Outside under the building was this giant sculpture of a broom and dustpan. Look how small the kids look in front of it...
There were several kids areas inside the museum and those were the high points for Quinn and Keely. In another lifetime, I might have liked lingering to look at the art a tad more. The only things picture worthy was yet another opportunity to ride on a fake horse but this time with a pink hat for Keely...
and a brown hat for Quinn...
So that was about it, our whirlwind trip to Denver. We arrived home safe and sound, but tired after a long day. James will not be home until Wednesday, and we are missing him :(
2 comments:
Hey Erin....finally a quick glance at your BLOG. Glad you had a nice time in Denver. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! Take care.
♥ cool the bear thing was kinda cool =)i have never been to denver probably too far away =(
Post a Comment