This year, Keely dressed up as Ariel and Quinn chose Indiana Jones. Keely was also Ariel last year but she got a new costume of a slightly different mermaid variation this year. They are allowed to dress up in full costume for school, and they have a parade through the school before a party in their rooms. Keely's parade was first, and here she is walking through the lobby. Nana got to attend the parades since I had to be at work :(

Quinn paraded with the rest of the school in the gym later in the morning. Keely and Nana got to watch and take pictures...

After school, we decided to carve pumpkins. This event typically goes something like this -- kids want to carve pumpkins, kids don't want to get hands dirty, Mom cleans pumpkins, kids draw face on pumpkins, kids leave to play with toys, etc., Mom carves pumpkins, kids come back periodically to check progress, Mom finishes carving pumpkins, kids approve of said carvings. Here I am hard at work, and then Keely posing with the finished products.


Pretty nice job, if I do say so myself :)

After a quick dinner, we were ready for trick or treating. The kids posed for the obligatory pictures...don't they look fabulous? I am particularly proud of Quinn's costume, not because I hand made it or anything but the various pieces we bought all put together just look so much like the outfit Indy wears in the movies. Quinn loves the jacket so much and he plans to wear it this winter.



The kids went around our whole neighborhood and took home quite a lot of candy. It rained on us a bit, but nothing too much to send us home early. The turnout was not great though and we have a LOT of extra giveaway candy, as well as the influx of trick or treat candy. So I will be taking some to work tomorrow...better them eating it than us :)
No comments:
Post a Comment