November 9, 2008

Sleepover!

Quinn had his very first sleepover this weekend, for his friend's 8th birthday. There were about 9 boys there for the big event, with Quinn being the youngest and only one in 1st grade. He was super excited. The night started at 6:30 PM and they had pizza, cake and just played like boys do -- crazy and wild. I can only presume by the level of noise when I dropped him off how crazy they were all night. This boy's mom must have the patience of a saint :) I had told Quinn to call if he needed us, but we didn't hear a peep. I picked him up this morning at 9 AM and he was calm, cool and collected. The boy's mom said they went to sleep about 11 PM and then got up at 5:30 AM! Needless to say, Quinn's in bed already and he was a little testy today from lack of sleep. He also didn't even use the bag of clothes I packed for him, or even the sleeping bag and pillow I sent. Boys are so funny, huh? He was wearing the same clothes I dropped him off in, and he slept in the birthday boy's loft bed (the birthday boy slept in his brother's bed). I think I was more nervous than anyone, not being in control of where he was and what he was doing for over 12 hours! It was strange to be a family of 3, if only for a short time. We took Keely out to dinner to TGIFridays and then walked around REI. Keely declared several times, "It's no fun being the only kid in the house!". Of course, once Quinn was back home they were fighting within hours. I'm sure this is the first of many sleepovers, and I'm glad to have this first one out of the way! Maybe next time I can relax and enjoy the peace & quiet :)

No comments: