James and I try to give each child some one on one time on the weekends, not consistently but as much as we can. Last weekend, James took Quinn to Science Day at the U and Keely and I did a girls morning, complete with manicures and pedicures and hair styling (for her, not me). This Sunday, Keely had a play date with her best friend Lexi. Before she left, Keely told Quinn "Have fun being the only kid in the house!". She was gone for about 3 hours so we had some quiet time with just Quinn and it was really nice. Then I took Quinn to a fund raiser for his school, Mother/Son Bowling. They rented out the whole alley and we bowled for 2 hours & and they gave away prizes, had raffles, and refreshments for all. It was a nice event. Our lanes didn't have bumpers but the kids were good sports even though they didn't get many pins down. Quinn took home a play sword and a little green monkey, and I got a bubble bath gel and candle (I gave Keely the bath gel). They took pictures of each mom and son, and printed off the pictures before we left. Here is ours...
Cute, huh? Quinn was glad to have some time alone with Mom, and James took Keely to Wendy's for a late lunch while we were gone. Then it was back together for family time, and it only took minutes before they were fighting again :( Oh well, the fighting makes us cherish the times when they play nicely together.
No comments:
Post a Comment