Okay, now the real reason for the post. Keely got a bit of money for her birthday. We let the kids spend some of the birthday money and then put the rest in the bank or college savings account. Quinn got the same amount as her last month and he chose to spend a good chunk on (more) toys from his favorite store, The Red Balloon. Keely wouldn't want to spend it on toys, she'd rather shop for her favorite fetish...clothes! So yesterday I took her to Kohl's so she could spend some money. Boy, can this girl shop?!?! There's no talking to her about her clothes, her opinion is so strong. If you try to talk her into something you like that she doesn't, she will not wear it. So I've stopped fighting (mostly) and let her get what she likes, with the exception that it has to be seasonal. i.e. She wanted jelly shoes yesterday and I wouldn't let her...I know, we could buy for next summer but she will not let them alone until then. In about 30 minutes, probably less, she had 2 shirts, a shawl, and a pair of shoes in the cart. Actually this was great progress since we actually had come for shirts. The shoes were a bonus because they were on sale and she had them last year, so I knew she would wear them to school. She was thrilled to put on her new clothes when she got home, and was literally beaming the whole rest of the day. Today when she got home the first thing she did was change into them again, and told me how much she loved her new clothes. Seems she's like most girls, a new outfit can make for a good mood :) And because she is such a ham, I had to get her to pose for me this evening...
October 27, 2008
Shopaholic
Since this post is about shopping, I have to start with this. I started my Christmas shopping today. I believe that is the earliest ever. I'm quite proud of myself. Now the trick is to hide the presents somewhere, and not forget where so that I can get them wrapped on Christmas eve.
Okay, now the real reason for the post. Keely got a bit of money for her birthday. We let the kids spend some of the birthday money and then put the rest in the bank or college savings account. Quinn got the same amount as her last month and he chose to spend a good chunk on (more) toys from his favorite store, The Red Balloon. Keely wouldn't want to spend it on toys, she'd rather shop for her favorite fetish...clothes! So yesterday I took her to Kohl's so she could spend some money. Boy, can this girl shop?!?! There's no talking to her about her clothes, her opinion is so strong. If you try to talk her into something you like that she doesn't, she will not wear it. So I've stopped fighting (mostly) and let her get what she likes, with the exception that it has to be seasonal. i.e. She wanted jelly shoes yesterday and I wouldn't let her...I know, we could buy for next summer but she will not let them alone until then. In about 30 minutes, probably less, she had 2 shirts, a shawl, and a pair of shoes in the cart. Actually this was great progress since we actually had come for shirts. The shoes were a bonus because they were on sale and she had them last year, so I knew she would wear them to school. She was thrilled to put on her new clothes when she got home, and was literally beaming the whole rest of the day. Today when she got home the first thing she did was change into them again, and told me how much she loved her new clothes. Seems she's like most girls, a new outfit can make for a good mood :) And because she is such a ham, I had to get her to pose for me this evening...
Notice the toe points. She is such a little actress! And so cute, I must say. She asked me to call her "My Pretty" all day yesterday. She can't wait until this weekend when Nana comes to visit and they will pick out her Christmas dress. The trick there will be to keep it off of her until Christmas :)
Okay, now the real reason for the post. Keely got a bit of money for her birthday. We let the kids spend some of the birthday money and then put the rest in the bank or college savings account. Quinn got the same amount as her last month and he chose to spend a good chunk on (more) toys from his favorite store, The Red Balloon. Keely wouldn't want to spend it on toys, she'd rather shop for her favorite fetish...clothes! So yesterday I took her to Kohl's so she could spend some money. Boy, can this girl shop?!?! There's no talking to her about her clothes, her opinion is so strong. If you try to talk her into something you like that she doesn't, she will not wear it. So I've stopped fighting (mostly) and let her get what she likes, with the exception that it has to be seasonal. i.e. She wanted jelly shoes yesterday and I wouldn't let her...I know, we could buy for next summer but she will not let them alone until then. In about 30 minutes, probably less, she had 2 shirts, a shawl, and a pair of shoes in the cart. Actually this was great progress since we actually had come for shirts. The shoes were a bonus because they were on sale and she had them last year, so I knew she would wear them to school. She was thrilled to put on her new clothes when she got home, and was literally beaming the whole rest of the day. Today when she got home the first thing she did was change into them again, and told me how much she loved her new clothes. Seems she's like most girls, a new outfit can make for a good mood :) And because she is such a ham, I had to get her to pose for me this evening...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment