Yesterday, James and I went to Keely's classroom for their program with the Kindergarteners. The Pre-K class was dressed up as Indians and the K class was the pilgrims. They each took turns singing songs and doing dances. It was a cute program followed by the pilgrims and Indians taking part in a combined feast. Here's Keely showing her bipartisanship posing with her best K friend, Lexi.

Smiling Keely, singing the celebration song that the tribe would sing when they brought home their feast.

And lastly, Keely and her friend Olivia...

A couple of weeks ago, Keely brought home this cornucopia from a project at school. She is thankful for all the usual things including grandparents, parents, brother, pets...and also for the entire Wolter family! She loves her cousins and talks lots about the few times she has spent with them. I thought that was so cute, and funny that her teacher had to wrap the text around the bottom because she is thankful for so many people. She is such a sweet little girl!

Lastly, Quinn had to do an assignment in computers class, writing a paragraph about what Thanksgiving means to him. Hopefully it is readable, he typed the entire thing by himself and did a pretty good job spelling most words or at least closely spelling the words he didn't know.

My favorite, most amusing part is in the second line..."then my dad and my mom do a sot". For those who need a translation (I did) sot = shot. The history there is that James and I do a shot of Wild Turkey at kickoff of most Hokies football games for good luck. The last time we did one, I was upstairs in my room and James was downstairs getting out shot glasses, etc. and I hear Quinn say, "I want to do a shot for the Hokies!". Don't worry, faithful readers, he did a shot of milk. So back to the paragraph, he confused the turkey on the holiday with the Turkey for the Hokies. And I can only hope that the teacher doesn't think we are lushes :)
2 comments:
Haha i helped alot with cooking on thanksgiving! But in middle school we don't do art projects and things like that.
Hey Erin...a late happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Hope you are enjoying the entire holiday weekend! Just to let you know I am thankful for your friendship!
Post a Comment