We also finally bought an ottoman/coffee table for the family room to match The New Couch. We've been looking since we got the couch...since it was such a small space, normal coffee tables weren't going to work. Last week, James found this ottoman at World Market (one of our favorite eclectic stores).
The cubes nest inside and the top can either be a tray or a leather ottoman. We went and bought it on Saturday and it's great for our room and matches really nicely. I'm sitting with my legs propped on it now and the kids are enjoying the cubes and eating breakfast on it. So far, it seems like a pretty versatile piece! I also got some fall cleaning done on Sunday including putting away summer clothes and going through all my clothes to make up a bag for DI (Deseret Industries, the Utah equivalent of the Salvation Army). Lastly, I got into the kids' rooms and cleaned them both. About 2-3 times a year, we have the kids make a bag for DI as well but this time was just a general room cleaning and putting things back where they belong (A place for everything and everything in its place is my motto!). But Quinn got mad that I wasn't giving anything away and got his own trash bag to fill with Cars stuff for DI :) I love that they realize that they are very lucky children and that there are children not so lucky. So that was about it, it's nice to have a clean house and we'll hope it lasts at least a few days. The clutter will creep back in though, it always does!
No comments:
Post a Comment