May 24, 2011
What A Girl Wants
It seems every girl wants something they don't have...if you have blond hair, you want brown. If you are tall, you want to be short. If you have blue eyes, you want brown. You get the point. In Keely's case, she has straight hair but wants curls. Enter an inexpensive set of foam rollers. And voila, she has curly hair! She puts them in at night...err, I put them in...while her hair is wet. She sleeps in them (how they are not uncomfortable is beyond me, but you know what we women will do for beauty) and when we take them out in the morning, she's all curls and super happy with her hair! People always compliment her, and then me - they actually think I get up early to curl her hair before school - but they obviously don't know me well because that is way too much to ask of my non-morning personality. I took some pictures of this latest curling session...before and after. 


In other news, the kids are finishing up the school year tomorrow. Well, they were really pretty much finished as of yesterday because they cleaned out their desks and today was Field Day. An event run by moi, and I am happy to say the word on the street was that it was the best Field Day ever...even though it was moved indoors by another rainy day. I am so glad to be done with my job as HSA president, and as always in shock that another school year is over. And it's especially bittersweet this year as it is our last and we will miss this school so much. I'm always happy to get to summer break...it means relaxed bed times, no homework, etc. And this year the kids will have a super long summer break, since school doesn't start until after Labor Day in Virginia. They are very excited about that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment