May 13, 2011

Good News

Continuing on with the saga of selling this house...

The decision on the buyer's loan was supposed to come out on Tuesday. Well, Tuesday turned into Wednesday. Then we were told we would hear on Thursday. But they were practicing a principle I love...under promise and over deliver. I got a call Wednesday afternoon with the good news. The buyers loan is approved! It just had a few conditions (very typical) one of which was the roof repairs from the appraisal. We already had a roofer on standby for Friday, but with a few phone calls it was set for Thursday. The work was done late yesterday afternoon. The appraiser came out first thing this morning, took some pictures and told me all was good from his perspective. Just what I wanted to hear. The lender should be submitting back to the underwriter today with all conditions met, then we have been told it will take 3 days to underwrite, then 2 days for closing documents. So that puts us at next Friday (or thereabouts). We've written an addendum asking the buyers not to pay rent back, and giving them possession on May 27th (a few days earlier than original date). I won't count my chickens before they hatch, especially with the ordeal we've already been through - but it looks like this deal will be polished off here in a week or so.

On the Virginia side, things are going swimmingly. All is in order and our loan on the new house is in underwriting. I have to finalize home insurance and get utilities lined up.

So things are looking up after a long period of uncertainty. It's good to finally be able to plan the trip back East, and our time there when we arrive. There's a long list of things to do, but it feels great to be able to check things off that list. Only 13 days until we leave Utah!

No comments: