May 26, 2011

Houston, We Have a Closing!

The saga of the house sale in Utah seems to be on its last legs, thank goodness for all involved parties. We thought the closing was going to be today, but were pleasantly surprised with a noon call yesterday saying the documents were ready and that we could close at 3 PM! What a relief. It was almost dream like walking into the title company with our realtor. The deal's not entirely in the books yet, but it should fund and record today or tomorrow so then we will have our money to close on the house in Virginia on Tuesday. Just in the nick of time!

So one chapter is ending, a new beginning. The house is almost all packed up and we are to head out later this afternoon. I'm not sure I ever detailed our stops along the way to Virginia but quickly, we will be in Rock Springs, WY tonight...then traveling to Custer (SD), Minneapolis, Chicago and Pittsburgh before arriving in Virginia on Tuesday.

I intend to blog along the way, in hopes of reducing the effort at the end of the journey. We are so happy we have the house closing out of the way, so now we can focus on the trip. There is still much to be done, but we have crossed a major hurdle and it is truly a relief. I am a bundle of emotions today, and it's hard to see our house almost empty. This has been our home for 6 years and it's sad to leave it. Hopefully I can hold it together in front of the kids...Keely's at a last minute play date and Quinn is hanging out with our neighbor. We have been truly blessed with our surrogate 'family' out here in Utah. Okay, signing off now before I get emotional again.

Next stop, Rock Springs!

No comments: