The saga of selling this house continues, unfortunately. I thought we would be done by this point, but nothing seems to be able to go smoothly on this process.
We were told yesterday that during the conditions review, the lender identified a few more conditions that they need to submit prior to a final, final approval and closing document generation. It was nothing on our end, and it must have been pretty simple since they were able to turn the conditions back around to the lender in about a day. But the time frames with this lender have been so long, and now they are back in another 3 day review. Another holding pattern, another Tuesday expecting a response. And another delay that pushes us closer to our departure date. I've vented enough to James, and whoever else I come in contact with. I'm sick of venting about this, I am sick of dealing with it...I just want this house closed and our money in the bank. We are scheduled to leave Utah on Thursday. This latest delay has us closing on Wednesday, at best. Another delay (and honestly, nothing would surprise me at this point) would push the closing back another 3-4 days, and mean that we leave Utah without this deal inked. And then impact our closing in Virginia, still scheduled for May 31st. At this point, a Wednesday close means the money is in our bank account by Friday and that means we can still close on Tuesday.
So for now, that's our hope. I really don't want to leave Utah without this deal done. I just want to be able to enjoy some part of this journey stress-free. I still feel torn about planning for the future. Yes, I have done things to plan for living in the new house. But there are still things to be done, and I am putting them off a bit until we hear on a definite closing. That means the list keeps getting longer and the time to check things off the list gets shorter. It's so frustrating. I guess I wasn't done venting after all!
In the meantime, the house is getting pretty packed up and it looks and feels like we are on the verge of moving. We have all of our hotels booked for the trip out to Virginia, and the time there before we can move into our house. All we need now is to sign these darn closing documents before we head out on Thursday evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment