
We have come a long way in these last two days of driving. We are more than halfway through our drive across the country, actually we were over halfway when we reached Minneapolis yesterday. The drive from Custer to Minneapolis was long...very long. South Dakota was a very boring drive. It got more interesting in Minnesota, because we could keep an eye out for the many lakes.


We spent last night in The Grand Hotel in Minneapolis. We didn't arrive until about 8 PM after a very long day of driving. We headed out to dinner and found a nice restaurant called The Local Irish Pub. No one tried their Irish cuisine, but it was really good food. The hotel was fancy (Keely concurred). I am not sure if I was just tired or what but the beds were so comfortable and for the first time in a while I did not wake up with any aches or pains in my neck or back. I just have to put a plug in for the
Kimpton Hotels. We are staying in another one tonight, the Hotel Allegra in Chicago. If you are ever traveling with pets through a city, these hotels are wonderful. They offer pet supplies (beds and bowls) and have great rates, plus they have a program called Kimpton Kids where they give the kids bags with goodies. It's been a wonderful way to experience the city we are staying in...first Minneapolis, now Chicago.


We made the drive from Minneapolis to Chicago today. After yesterday's drive, it was a piece of cake. We also went through Wisconsin, and I was super excited to add another state to my list :) We got here about 5 PM, and were able to walk around Chicago and explore a bit. We went to Millennium Park and then to a pizza restaurant that I ate at during my 2007 visit to Chicago. Unfortunately, it was not as good this time around and now we have to have real pizza when we get to Virginia!

We've crossed through 6 states. We have crossed the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers. We've crossed into the Central Time Zone. Tomorrow, we will cross into Eastern Time Zone and travel to Pittsburgh. I can't believe this cross country journey is nearing its completion, but we are eager to start this next journey of our life in Virginia!
No comments:
Post a Comment