May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Recap

I had a wonderful, relaxing Mother's Day. It started with breakfast in bed...prepared by James, with Keely :) She is my little shadow, and sat with me eating her bagel and drinking water while I drank my tea. To be honest, James sat with us for a bit too. After that, the kids and I watched The Simpsons movie. They have seen it with James, but I had not and I was sick of not getting the jokes so I agreed to watch it. It was quite funny, a little crude at times but cute. And now I get all their jokes, that they seem to repeat over and over again thinking they are funny each time :) After that, I got my present...the annual video of all of our pictures from the last year. I love this gift as I have mentioned before and it's the only thing I ever want for Mother's Day. It didn't disappoint this year, with more effects and great new songs. We went to church at noon and then were out and about to some stores. When we got home we ate some appetizers and skyped with Lois, Ryan and adorable Adelia. We hate being so far away...and after seeing how big Adelia is getting and how funny and smart she is, I know we will have to see them this summer! Skype is a great way to bridge the gap between visits though :) My day ended with a dinner out. We were headed to Fratelli's for Italian, but it was closed. Ah, most definitely one of the things I will not miss about Utah...stores and restaurants being closed on Sundays. Our backup choice was our favorite Japanese restaurant, Bonsai. It was so filling and very yummy as usual - and I love that it's a different type of cuisine that all 4 of us enjoy! Although the weather was not nice - rainy and cooler - the day was perfect...spent with my 3 favorite people doing things we all enjoy, and I can't ask for anything more!

No comments: