
So I lied, I could not bring myself to read the copy of Twilight in my possession from the library. So it came up due and I returned it. Meanwhile, another one I was waiting on was ready for pickup. Not two days later, I was finished and very pleased with it. I heard about this book when I read of a new movie with the same name, in which Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio will reunite in their first movie together since Titanic. As it usually happens, when I hear of a movie based on a book, I always try to read the book first because it's always better. This book is set in the 1950s partly in Connecticut and New York City. It's about a couple who marries young and has two children, then settles down into suburbia in Connecticut. It begins with the main character, April starring in a play that the local townspeople have put on. The play bombs badly and it starts the downward spiral of the couple's "perfect" life. Turns out life isn't what either of them thought it would be. I can't get into the details, but let's just say that if they stick to the story, moviegoers expecting a happy Jack and Rose reunion will not get it. It was a gripping tale that I could not put down. It dragged a little at the end but I really liked it and recommend it. Now I have a few more lined up, thanks to a gift card to Borders (thanks Tyler!) but I am not sure which one I will read first. I usually get in the reading mode around this time of the year it seems, as the holidays are over and the dead of winter is setting in.
No comments:
Post a Comment