Today we went to see Kung Fu Panda at the dollar movie theater. Why is this noteworthy? Well, let me tell you :) This was our first family movie trip! Here's the history...Quinn's first trip to the movies was Brother Bear when he was just over 2 years old. He's always been a TV and movie kid, it is mesmerizing to him and he would literally watch all day if we let him. He'll watch anything that is on the TV, and it's why we have to be careful not to even turn it on. Keely is another story. She has never watched much TV or movies. She just isn't interested in it. This is mostly a good thing, in my opinion. But the catch 22 is that she won't sit through a 30 minute Dora show, never mind a 1.5 hour movie. She's gotten better, enjoying her own movies like Enchanted and The Little Mermaid. But mostly, she starts watching them and then ends up playing with other things while the movie is background noise. Earlier this year, my mom and I took the kids to see Bee Movie, which was also at the dollar theater. Our theory is that even if she doesn't watch it, we haven't wasted much money. She did okay, sitting in her own seat some and then on my mom and I's laps the rest of the time. She's such a talker, that it's hard for her to stay quiet the whole time. So today we tried a movie as a family. She did just about as well as the first one, but I'm not sure that she got much out of it. Quinn really enjoyed it, and James and I thought it was cute and funny. I like the challenge of figuring out the voices in these movies, and they are pretty entertaining for all ages these days. I know that Keely's not a movie kid now, but I have hopes that she will be one day. It's a fun family activity that I hope we will be able to do a little more frequently as the kids get older.
August 31, 2008
Kung Fu Panda
Today we went to see Kung Fu Panda at the dollar movie theater. Why is this noteworthy? Well, let me tell you :) This was our first family movie trip! Here's the history...Quinn's first trip to the movies was Brother Bear when he was just over 2 years old. He's always been a TV and movie kid, it is mesmerizing to him and he would literally watch all day if we let him. He'll watch anything that is on the TV, and it's why we have to be careful not to even turn it on. Keely is another story. She has never watched much TV or movies. She just isn't interested in it. This is mostly a good thing, in my opinion. But the catch 22 is that she won't sit through a 30 minute Dora show, never mind a 1.5 hour movie. She's gotten better, enjoying her own movies like Enchanted and The Little Mermaid. But mostly, she starts watching them and then ends up playing with other things while the movie is background noise. Earlier this year, my mom and I took the kids to see Bee Movie, which was also at the dollar theater. Our theory is that even if she doesn't watch it, we haven't wasted much money. She did okay, sitting in her own seat some and then on my mom and I's laps the rest of the time. She's such a talker, that it's hard for her to stay quiet the whole time. So today we tried a movie as a family. She did just about as well as the first one, but I'm not sure that she got much out of it. Quinn really enjoyed it, and James and I thought it was cute and funny. I like the challenge of figuring out the voices in these movies, and they are pretty entertaining for all ages these days. I know that Keely's not a movie kid now, but I have hopes that she will be one day. It's a fun family activity that I hope we will be able to do a little more frequently as the kids get older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree with you Erin it is best to only pay $1 than full price.....you just never know. You are now one up on us as we have not seen this one yet.
Nice, I can't wait until we get to the place where we can do family movie outings -- Mike and I never get out anymore and I'll take a cartoon if it's the only movie I can get to in the theatre... anything, I'll take anything!! lol :)
Post a Comment