**Yes, I'm a day late, but it's not my fault -- Blogger was being stubborn last night and wouldn't let me upload photos!**
The kids started school yesterday. They were very excited, both up before 7 AM and dressed right away on their own! Here's Keely, posing very nicely with her lunch bag and backpack. She's so glad to be a big girl and have her own stuff to carry. Today, when I picked her up from school, she already had her backpack on and was waiting for me!

Now here's Quinn and Keely. Quinn wears the same uniform as last year, except the addition of a belt that must be worn by all children 1st grade and up. The belt is his favorite part of the uniform and today, he declared that he will wear a belt with every pair of pants from now on! If last year you would have told me that (a) Quinn would wear his uniform without complaint every day and (b) that he would actually want to wear a belt I would have called you crazy :)

I like this picture of Keely, she has an interesting look on her face...

And before we drove to school, Quinn wanted his picture taken on the swing out in the front yard and of course, Keely couldn't let that happen without getting in on the act :)

James and I drove them to school and walked them in, despite protests from Keely. I told her we would walk her in and she's all, Why??? Well, because I want to and she's all, Okay fine but just this one day!!! Isn't she 4 going on 14?!?! So we first walked Quinn to his class and got him settled at his first real desk. Then we walked Keely down to her room and she found her spot for her backpack and then settled down at a table next to her new friend Olivia, who we met at the Back to School BBQ on Sunday night. At the end of the day, they had stories to tell and overall, had a super first day at school.
On Sunday, we decided to take a hike (lol) up near the peak of Little Cottonwood Canyon at a ski resort called Alta. We hiked around from the base of the resort in a place called Albion Basin. We've only hiked higher in this area and this was the first time starting lower and ascending to the place we usually start. Here are the kids being silly on the way up. Don't I have to worry about Keely when she gets older -- you could take her pose from this picture and easily transport her to a dance club!!!


Also on the way up, Quinn wanted to pose on this rock while he went off the beaten path (I'm full of catch phrases tonight lol).

Here they are posing, or rather Keely hugging Quinn while he protests.

I love this picture of Keely in the wildflowers (don't worry, hikers -- she's on the trail). I'm thinking "The Hills Are Alive with the Sound of Music..."

And now here's Quinn and I in the wildflowers. Try as we might, we didn't spot any fun wildlife on this hike :(

So that's a catch up. I have a book review to write since I just finished one. I also have a new book to start (thanks to James for buying me one today at the U Bookstore) and Linda recommended one to me today also -- I love when I have several in the queue! Last but not least (and not forgotten, Annie!), my sister comes to visit us on Thursday night. She doesn't come by herself very often and I'm looking forward to spending time with her, as are the kiddos. We used to fight like cats and dogs, but although we don't talk on the phone much, we get along really well when we see each other now.
2 comments:
Erin you really should get Keely into dance!
Keely is such a card, I love her silliness in all the pictures. Were you as excited as the kids for back-to-school?? Aidan starts Tuesday at preschool and I can't wait!
Post a Comment