July 28, 2008

Haircuts

The kids were in desperate need of haircuts. Today, I took Keely and she chose to get a few inches cut off. This style is much easier since her fine hair tangles so easily. At least we won't have many hair battles for a few weeks :)
Yesterday, James gave Quinn another buzz cut. This is really the best hairstyle for him -- when his hair gets long, he ends up with a cowlick in the back. I'm all for style free boys hair. I know there will come a day when he may want it longer but for now, I love that we can cut it short so it never looks like "bed head". Also of note, Quinn said he was posing like a pirate.
Lastly, here they are displaying a moment of sibling love. It doesn't seem to happen often but when it does, it fills my heart with joy :)
Oh, update on triathlon training: 30 minute swim complete today. Must work on flip turns though. And a quick request...I know I am mostly writing this for me and my records of our family life, but it's awesome to receive comments and feedback so I know someone is reading. Thanks to those who have already commented, I know it may be annoying to make a Blogger account but once you've set it up (it only takes a minute) it always remembers who you are for posting on blogs. And who knows, you may be inspired to start a blog of your own?!?!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Someone is reading =)...and James gets lucky with taking all the pics, but not being in any of the pics.

Annie said...

the cuts look adorable!! cant wait to see you guys, tell quinn i will not forget my ds! xoxo

Anna said...

Umm.. triathalon? You're such a badass, Erin!! I'm tired just thinking about it. I'm also embarrassed to be complaining about my spinning class on my blog.. ;) lol, the haircuts are cute!