Okay, I don't mean to complain and this may not help the stereotype of Utah but here are two things that annoy me lately.
1. People that comment on the type of soda I am drinking. Why do they care if the soda has caffeine in it??? I'll make my own choices on drinking caffeine, alcohol, etc. thank you very much. And I don't comment on the need for Utahns to eat snowies (ice covered in colored syrup) like they are going out of style!
2. People who display the American flag on the Utah State Holiday, Pioneer Day. And further a state that observes a holiday on the day they settled this state (because of a religion). And one more thing, businesses that close on this day (no, not my company because then maybe I'd like it more!).
We've lived here for 3 years now and these little "quirks" as I call them have really begun to get to me, especially after I leave the state and then return home. Good, now that I've got that off my chest, I can get back to the reasons we do like living here!
3 comments:
ugh i'm with you about the flag thing. it always made my eyeballs twitch! I never had anyone comment on my choice of soda, that's crazy!!!
I wouldn't make comments about your soda... I probably just try to steal it ;)
How are you doing? I can't believe how much the kids have grown.
LOL! I agree with you on the comment about the "Snowies!" I also have not had anyone comment on my soda selection BUT never say never. I am okay with displaying the American Flag since we are in America and if the pioneers had not been in America, they would not have been free to establish Utah I guess. All I know is I love to see the American Flag flying! Have a good weekend!
Post a Comment