May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I am so behind on blog posts. It keeps crossing my mind, I have 3-4 posts to catch up on but I never find the time. I have been working every night and time just flies. I cannot believe it is almost mid-May. 2010 seems to be flying by before my very eyes and I just have this feeling it will be Christmas before we know it. So instead of getting further behind on past events (i.e. Quinn's communion, our visit from family, Mother/Son bowling) I figured I would at least post about current events. I hate that the blog has become a chore, but that's a subject for another time.

Today was my 9th Mother's Day. I cannot believe that! The kids made me gifts from school and held them secret until today. Well, not Keely -- she gave me hers on Friday because she was bursting with excitement for me to open it. It was a homemade card, a piece of artwork and a handwritten poem. She said she made up the poem herself but I am not sure :) It said...

Mommy let me say
I love you every way
For all you do
For being you
Happy Mother's Day!

Quinn made me a pop-up card at school. It held the key to his heart (!) and a nicely written sentiment:

Dear Mom,
You are the best. Thank you for taking care of me.
Love, Quinn Donovan

I particularly like him writing out his full name, as if I have another son or wouldn't know who he was. He is just used to writing his full name in school :)

James made me the usual picture video, a gift that I look forward to all year long. The kids record a video that goes at the beginning and then is followed by a slide show of pictures we have taken throughout the past year with musical accompaniment. I always love to hear the songs James picks, they are usually something I have never heard and love. The first one on this year's video was very emotional and had me crying from the start. Some others this year were Beautiful by U2 and a song that we always listen to from Donovan. And a few others that I don't know but suited the pictures perfectly. These videos are such mementos and we love to watch them often throughout the year. Keely especially :)

The weather was picture perfect today, bright and sunny in the upper 60s. We enjoyed the day outside with one of our favorite hikes, Lower Bells Canyon Reservoir. Most everyone who has visited us here in Utah has done this hike :) We enjoyed the weather and the time together as a family. I am blessed to have two children who have made me a mother, and today was a day to celebrate that.

No comments: