May 12, 2010

Quinn's Communion

Last Sunday, Quinn took a big step in the Catholic church and celebrated his first Holy Communion. We were fortunate to have Nana & Papa, Grandma & Grandpa and Aunt Annie travel to Utah for the special event. I will cover the rest of the weekend in separate posts. Quinn had prepared a lot for this day. He had to complete two workshops, several homework papers and prepare a banner that was displayed in the church all weekend. He was very excited, not the least bit nervous and had me practice giving him pretend hosts in the days leading up to the event (we used Ritz crackers and pieces of bread to name a couple of examples).

We took a series of photos after the Mass on the altar. Aren't we a lovely family?!?!
Quinn processing into the Church. The girls all looked beautiful and the boys so handsome :)
A closeup of Quinn's banner. He picked all the symbols himself and even drew the chalice freehand. I am not sure why but right before we were about to leave our aisle to get Communion, I got choked up a bit. I just can't believe Quinn is old enough to participate fully in Mass. Kindergarten graduation didn't get me, but this did. It seemed like a big milestone in his short life, and I can't believe my baby is old enough to be celebrating it! I'm sure there are more and more moments like this to come, as time flies by and milestones are reached. It was a special day for Quinn, I am glad our family was able to travel so many miles to be with us, and I am proud of the young man he is becoming!

No comments: