
Last Monday, two days short of the last day of school was the Kindergarten graduation program for Keely and her classmates. This is our third year attending this program, and I am happy to say our last. Surprisingly I feel no love lost that our youngest is off to full day school come August. Keely was thrilled to reach this milestone. The night before as she was going to bed, she kept saying "I can't believe I am graduating Kindergarten tomorrow!" :)
The beginning of the program was quite funny as the teacher came out and said "Welcome to our Christmas Program" and kids sang a round of Jingle Bells. Why, you ask? Well we awoke to a nice fresh coat of snow that morning...yes on May 24th!!! We can now proudly say we were a part of history...the latest measurable snow at Salt Lake Airport ever. We had a few inches at our house and it was just freezing. Of course typical of this crazy Utah weather -- the next day it was sunny and 70 degrees with no sign of the snow that had been there the day before. I'm sure hoping that was the last snow I see until later this year.
The rest of the program was typical of years past, each class sang a few songs then they did a couple together. Then they called each child up for their certificate. It was short and sweet which we like. They have punch and cookies and time for pictures before everyone departs.
Keely with Mrs. W, the aide...

Keely with Mrs. M, her teacher who we have loved this year. I will miss her, having now had two children go through her class.

Keely with her best friend, Annika.

Keely with one of her first boyfriends, the one she was caught kissing earlier in the year. But apparently who she does not like anymore (she has her eye on a boy in the PM class, who she says likes her too -- what this all means at 6 I have no idea!).

So that's it, my baby is going to first grade in a few months. I'm excited for her to be in all day school and I know she's ready for it too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment