March 14, 2009
Paradin'
Today was the St. Patty's Day parade downtown. Every year, the kids' school puts a float in it. Last year we helped make the float decorations, it was very time consuming but we didn't get to see our hard work come to fruition because we didn't attend the actual parade. The weather was one of those bad March days, cold and gloomy. This year, I helped quite a bit with the decorations (since I have a lot more time on my hands lol) and I was bound and determined that we wouldn't miss the parade. And the weather was glorious, sunny and warming up into the 40s by parade time. We arrived early about 9 AM to set up. Our float was #75 of about 180 entries (!) so we didn't start moving until after 11 AM! Once the parade float was all set up, I finally took out the camera and snapped some pre-parade shots. Here is Keely with her two good friends from school, Lexi and Olivia.
And Quinn sporting some sprayed green hair for the occasion.
Finally, we were on the move. Because of the good weather, we had a great turnout with probably about 50 people walking behind the float in support of the school.
Here we are entering the Gateway, and making our way through the parade route.
Keely and Olivia walked together the whole time, arm in arm...so cute :)
So it was a nice kickoff to the upcoming holiday, and I am glad we took the time to travel downtown this morning for it. We're all tuckered out tonight but it was a lot of fun. Next year though, I want to actually watch the parade instead!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Erin...did you run in the 5K? I think that was the one we ran together awhile back! Take care.
Post a Comment