March 5, 2009
Impatient
This really is an up and down time for me. It's hard not to let my emotions and insecurities get the best of me, and James is the one who suffers the most. Some days are just worse than others, and he gets the brunt of it when he gets home. The job search continues to be slooow...and it is a test of my patience. It is still hard to tell what companies are really hiring and which are just dangling carrots out to see what they can get. I would say I still only have 1 solid lead, but it looks like it will be another couple of weeks before it even gets to an interview stage. Each new day seems to bring both a mix of good news and bad, but I am trying to stay positive and only concentrate on the good leads and conversations I am having each day. My impatience lies with not only the slowness of this process, but also with my lack of decision making on Plan B. Putting the wheels in motion fof the teaching license is something that I just don't know when to do. I feel that the longer I wait, the more I compromise my ability to find a job in that area. At the same time, I feel that I haven't given this search enough time yet. Of course Murphy's Law is that when I decide to put Plan B into motion, something will happen on the engineering front. But the opposite could be true, and the longer I wait to start the Plan B process, the less time I have to find a teaching job by August when most new positions start. So many questions in my mind, and it's really hard not to second guess my decisions. The one thing I need to do is stay positive, and stay in control of those things I can control. And practice my patience because it's clear that I am going to need it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment