March 15, 2009
Good Fortune
I don't have a lot of time, but I wanted to write a quick update for all of my loyal readers about the last week and my interviews for potential jobs. I had three interviews, and they all went well. In fact, I think interviewing is pretty fun! Totally not kidding, I just don't get nervous and it's nice to meet new people and hear about different possibilities. I have one job offer, and they want me to start tomorrow! Again, not kidding. I have been honest with the potential new boss at this company about the other things that I have going on, and he is understanding and patient as I process through my options. The other two job interviews resulted in 2nd interviews (pretty common these days) and those are scheduled for tomorrow afternoon and Thursday morning. Also, the original solid lead (from 2+ weeks ago) is coming into play as they called on Friday and I'm going over there tomorrow morning. So that makes 4 options if you are keeping track. I am so grateful to have options in this tough time, and this week will most likely be my last week of interviews. I am happy with the choices, but they are all vastly different and the intangibles really come into play to make a final decision. The one offer I have is very fair, good compensation and benefits but I have some questions I need answered before I can decide if it is the right place for me. In the course of the other interviews this week, I will get those questions answered and then see if the other interviews result in offers. Obviously, I am trying to push the companies as much as I can because I don't have the luxury of a current job paying me while I am exploring these options. But things are most definitely looking good, and I hope that by this time next week I will have a new job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment