October 20, 2010

Pumpkin' Carving

This weekend we bought some pumpkins for the kids to carve. They even cleaned out the guts with some help from Dad. As you can see from their faces, it was pretty yucky as it usually is when you have to scoop out the innards of a pumpkin. I didn't participate in this part, I used baking as an excuse :)
Keely drew out her face on a piece of paper, then onto her pumpkin and I carved it for her. It was supposed to be a vampire pumpkin (thus the two pointy teeth). I am not entirely sure what Quinn's was supposed to be(maybe a scarier vampire because it also has two pointy teeth) but James carved his and then added some extra special effects on the sides. Then it was off to the porch for the lighting of the candles. As is typical in our house, Keely wanted to pose with her pumpkin...Quinn not so much.So we have participated in the obligatory pumpkin carving. The house is also decorated with our usual Halloween and Fall decorations, we have some candy in store for the trick-or-treaters, and we have purchased costumes for the kids. Quinn doesn't like his though and couldn't really care less about dressing up this year. I'm with him, this is not my favorite holiday and I can't wait until November 1st. I actually think this is my least favorite holiday, and I'd much rather have it over and done and look forward to Thanksgiving.

No comments: