October 19, 2010

Nana and Papa Come to Town

I'm catching up on the blog, it's past the midway point in October and I have no posts this month :( It's been a busy one, dear readers but I do intend to catch you up and I do have some very exciting things in store over the next couple of weeks. Well, maybe not very exciting but there should be at least some things to write about.

Earlier this month, Nana and Papa came to visit for the kids' birthdays (right after Quinn and before Keely). They were only here for 3 days but we had a lot of fun. We went to the zoo on Friday and rode the carousel and train while we were there. We haven't been to the zoo in quite some time so it was a nice treat for the kids. It was also quite warm that weekend, our Indian summer continued well into October.

Quinn got a new Lego set from Nana & Papa for his birthday and he spent the better part of Saturday holed up in his room putting it together. His patience is incredible, and he prides his work when he is done.
On Sunday, we went up to Oktoberfest at Snowbird. We enjoyed a couple of beers, walked around, met up with some friends for a bit (planned and unplanned both...it just seems we run into people we know everywhere we go!) and had brunch at the Alta Lodge. It was a nice day, a little too hot even but gorgeous up there as the leaves were just beginning to turn. Quinn also did the new ropes course, it was a challenge for him but he made it through.
So that was our weekend with Nana & Papa. It was quick but fun, and we were sad to see them go. They won't be back until Christmas...seems far away but I am sure it will be here before we know it!

No comments: