August 30, 2009

Ocho

It seems like just yesterday that Quinn lost his first tooth. In reality it was almost two years ago! That first tooth was swallowed because he was so afraid to touch it. #7 and #8 were both pulled out with an announcement first. How far we've come :) Last night we were at the school's Fall Festival about to buy tickets for the rides when Quinn announced that he was going to pull out his tooth because it was all twisted. Indeed it was and in a second it was out. So now we're at the Fall Festival with no safe place to put this tooth until we can get it home for the Tooth Fairy. He ended up putting it in his shorts pocket with a Velcro closure and I am happy to report that it made it home safely into that tooth pillow!

While I am on the subject of Quinn, he started fall soccer last weekend. They've had two games already. The first was a win! That was a first for at least Quinn because the best they could muster last season was a tie. This week was a different story and they lost by too many goals to count. Quinn is playing well when he pays attention :) He almost scored one goal each week. He would have scored last week had someone on the other team not caught the ball before it could go in the goal!

Second grade seems to be going well for Quinn. He's fallen right back into the routine and is happy to be back with his friends and in the classroom next door to last year. For all the attention I pay to Keely's challenging behavior, I don't give enough to Quinn and his overall good behavior. Yes, he has his moments but I think he's finally figured out that if he listens to us the first time his life is a lot easier. He is funny and smart and still loves to hold my hand when we're walking somewhere (something I will cherish now because it may not always be that way). I can't believe my baby will turn 8 in less than a month but I really do enjoy the boy he's grown into :)

No comments: