August 17, 2009

First Day of School

As I have mentioned, the kids started back to school today. We bought all of the requested school supplies & shopped for new uniforms. Last night, we sharpened 60 pencils and wrote their names on what seemed like a million things. The morning went pretty smoothly...except for Quinn's shorts being a tad too big. Of all the things I worried about last night laying in bed, that was not one of them!
Since it was Keely's first day of Kindergarten, I was allowed to walk her in. At first, she said she didn't want me to but then at the last minute she changed her mind. So I did walk them in and she left me without incident, just a little wave from the classroom door. She was beyond excited last night, like a kid on Christmas Eve at getting to be in a new class and going back to school. She even asked me, "Mama, are you excited to go back to work tomorrow???". Of course my answer was no, but I do remember the excitement of the first day of school.
Quinn wouldn't let me take his picture :( but Keely was more than willing to strike a pose and she demanded it be on her swing like last year. She was saying she would wear something new (pants or skort) but went back to her old favorite, the jumper. I think she was most excited about her new shoes!

So another school year begins. I cannot believe they are on the verge of turning 6 and 8 years old! I am not sad though, each stage brings new and exciting fun for us and I do not wish they were younger. It's hard to explain...but I always hear people say their kids grow up too fast and I do agree, time does go fast. But for me, each new age brings new experiences and I try to revel in these new moments. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I couldn't agree with you more Erin! Each year truly is a new adventure and exciting experience! I know alot of people think it is over once they start school but it is really just beginning!