April 6, 2009

Murphy's Law

So I am unemployed for almost 2 whole months, and we are all healthy. Wouldn't you know it, back to work just over a week and I get a call from the school today?!?! Keely is sounding croupy, and has a fever of 99.5 degrees. I tried my darndest to not have to pick her up, but the guilt set in and off I went. When I get there, she seems fine...no fever, no coughing and then precedes to run all around with Quinn when we get home! So I tried to work from home for a bit while they played, then she hit the skids for a while and we chilled while playing Monopoly with Quinn (I swear, that is my least favorite game but Quinn just begs to play it!). Keely seems fine, in general. She goes up and down, alternating between her normal energetic self and a tired, run down little girl. I totally know how she feels, as I have been fighting something for weeks now. I wish I would just get a cold and get it over with, then feel better. Instead, every other day I feel tired and like I am on the verge of getting a cold, but never do. I guess she has the same malaise :( So I just hope she seems better in the morning, and we will give it another go. Goodness knows I don't have the luxury of built up PTO and sick time! It's only another 2 1/2 days until Easter Break so here's hoping we can make it...and now I have to go work to make up for some time I missed this afternoon :(

No comments: