Quinn's team had their second soccer game this morning. And I do mean morning, bright and early at 9 AM on a cold, rainy day. Thank goodness it wasn't raining, but the field was slick and we were all freezing after being out there for an hour. The boys played well, absent the first quarter when they just didn't seem to be awake yet. And the most exciting -- Quinn scored the first goal of the season in the 4th quarter today! Of course, I missed how it actually developed because I was subbing kids in and out (coach duties!). But I did look up in time to see him in front of the goal, and then kick it in. It was so exciting, not just for Quinn and us as his parents but all the other kids and parents. They had been very close to scoring throughout the game, and really Quinn was just in the right place at the right time. As my dad liked to say when he was my coach, "You're knocking on the door, now open it!" (along with "I'll rip the shirts right off your backs!" but that's a story for another day, or not any day at all lol). In laymen's terms, it means you have had lots of chances to score, but just haven't gotten one in yet. Anyways, it was amazing how my adrenaline was flowing from Quinn scoring, and seeing the team play well. I think I may have been a bit too harsh about 7 year old soccer, because today things really worked well and you can see them learning. I'm officially a soccer mom, now I just have to refrain from yelling at the referees :)
Also, Quinn finally pulled out his loose tooth last night. The Tooth Fairy didn't have change for a $5 bill so that's what he got...definitely his most for a tooth yet, and hopefully not a precedent because that's not what he will be getting every time. So it was a good day for Quinn!
No comments:
Post a Comment