December 1, 2008

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Or in this case, girl.

For a week to maybe even 10 days, Keely has been complaining about having a sore throat and bellyache. Not constantly, but once a day or so, she will mention it. There is no giving up with her, and this morning after her daily complaint, I threw my hands in the air and said, Fine we will take you to the doctor after school. To most kids this would be a threat. Not to my daughter. I even told her about the dreaded throat swipe for strep but no luck. Quinn was all excited to accompany us so he could see the fish in the waiting area. So off we went to the doctor after I picked them up. Of course, Keely seems fine and is the happiest little girl in the waiting room. The nurses and doctor must have thought I was nuts. Yes, I swear she is supposed to be sick. After a full checkup, the verdict is no strep and everything is normal. This is supposed to make me happy but for some reason, I wanted justification for spending $20 on the co-pay and getting home late. As we are walking out, my ever persistent daughter claims "I am really sick, Mama. My throat still hurts!". And as we arrive home, my much more level headed husband tells me, "I could have told you she wasn't sick". Oh well, it's normal for moms to be nervous that their child might have undiagnosed strep leading to complications and possible death, right?!?!

And here is my "sick" child posing for the camera last night....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow thats so funny because I felt the same way one both monday and tuesday. I missed school both days and I went to the docter and they said I had nothing, possibly a virus. But instead if feeling normal, I felt terrible. And I bet it didn't help knowing that i could possibly be sick for my birthday, which is tommorrow. But I feel much better now, I still feel a little bit sick, but I should be better my party on friday.

epd said...

Must be going around, Dan. I feel the same way, and she's still complaining of those same things too. Oh well, hope you stay better and happy birthday!!! I can't believe you are 12 already, I remember holding you when you were born!!!