December 20, 2008
Christmas Cookies
I think my favorite part of preparing for Christmas is the baking. I bake most every night, a different batch of cookies each night. So far, I have made 6 tins including Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, Oreo Truffles, Peanut Butter Kisses, Pecan Crescents (kind of like a Mexican wedding cookie) and Uncle Joe's Cookies (these are a butter cookie dipped in chocolate, but the recipe came from my sweet Uncle Joe so the kids have given them a new name). Oh, and sugar too but that didn't really count because they were break and bakes. I have been through Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Raisin batches two if not three times in the month of December. They are James' favorites and he doesn't let them leave the house! I took a selection of all 5 to work on Friday and they loved them, requesting more for Monday. It gives me a nice feeling of satisfaction when I make something that someone likes...it must be the Italian in me, like a good Italian mother always wanting to keep food on the table. I'm going to make another batch of Oatmeal Raisins tomorrow (we're fresh out) and then reassess to see what I need more of before the troops come in from Jersey this week. The kids also want to make sugar cookies and I may do some snickerdoodles too. Baking is so much fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sweets for the sweets Erin!
Post a Comment