December 19, 2008

32

Wow...another year over, a new one just begun. Today is my birthday and I had a great day. Mostly it was a normal Friday. I started off the day by delivering some Christmas gifts to a couple of my clients and then got back to the office just in time for the holiday pot luck and white elephant gift exchange. The white elephant is so fun, we never know what will turn up. I've been fortunate to get useful things and today I got a really nice pedicure set. I'll be using that in the summer for sure! Then it started snowing and we got another 5" or so. While James and Quinn shoveled and played in the snow, Keely and I made my birthday cake. We spent the rest of the evening setting up the new TV. Instead of buying Christmas gifts for each other, James and I decided to finally buy a new TV. It's all set up now, and I was afraid 52" would be too big but it looks great in our family room. We celebrated by watching Home Alone on the big screen. We were planning to go out to dinner but since the roads were pretty nasty, we had pizza at home and will go out tomorrow night. Lastly, I got some birthday gifts from James and the kids -- a framed picture of James and I for our room, a gift card to DSW Shoes so I can buy some new shoes I've had my eye on for months, and a Giada cookbook. Fun stuff and it was a good end cap to my birthday :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hey Erin...sounds like the day was a hit! Happy Be-Lated Birthday to you! Did Dan use the thigh master for his white elephant gift? Enjoy the rest of your weekend and the TV!