December 7, 2008

Overheard

While I was cleaning the car out this afternoon, the kids were playing on their swings in the front yard. They were having a nice friendly conversation, which I was hearing in bits and pieces when I turned off the vacuum cleaner. I have no idea what brought about this comment but it made me stop and almost cry right there.

Quinn to Keely: "Keely, if you die when you are young, you get to grow up in Heaven with Jesus. Isn't that cool?"

We don't personally know any children that have died and I am not sure where he came up with this thought. I'm thinking mostly Catholic school, but hoping that our openness about death and it being a part of life had something to do with it. It also amazes me how someone so young could have such a broad perspective on life and death. Probably since I am fascinated with death, I found it interesting and quite profound from a 7 year old :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

And isn't it grand how children view things. Many of us adults dred even the thought of death but kids always see the good things about everything.