October 4, 2008
Rainy Day
Today was a rare rainy day for us. It was really kind of nice. We started off with a trip to the gym as we typically do on Saturday mornings, but this was our first in 3 weeks and it was nice to get back to the routine. Then I took Quinn to a birthday party for one of his school friends. Hate is a strong word but it aptly describes my feelings for the place it was held at, and I hope I don't have to go there for at another 2 years at least. Then it was a trip to Sam's for needed household goods and we took Quinn to Best Buy so he could spend a birthday gift card (thanks, Aunt Annie!). He chose a Nintendo DS game, Indiana Jones and the movie Iron Man. I haven't seen that yet so I'm excited to watch it as a family. We stopped at KFC for a bucket of chicken for dinner, and then came my favorite part of the day and the perfect end to a rainy day. We (I mean James) started a nice warm fire, our first of the season and we played Monopoly in front of it. We actually managed a few rounds with all 4 of us, and then Keely quit. But since it's really for 8+, I'm impressed that she lasted that long. We all quit after an hour or so, and made S'mores for the kids in the fire. Yummy! It's days like this that make me glad that fall and winter are on the way. Ask me in 5 months, and I will be ready for winter to end but now I'm glad for the change of pace. We're hoping to get a camping trip in next weekend, which will be out first and last of the year. Better late than never, right? I also owe the blog, and my faithful readers an update on Quinn's birthday. Soon, I promise...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment