On Sunday, James asks for a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies, his favorite. I didn't have enough butter in the house so I couldn't make them. So here's what happened last night.
Dinner Table Conversation:
Keely: "I want to get the Halloween decorations out!"
Me: "I would love to, but Daddy has to get them down from the shelf in the garage." (said shelf is hung from ceiling and I am never sure which container Halloween decorations are in)
James: "I would love to, but only if I get some homemade oatmeal raisin cookies tonight."
Me: "But I don't have enough butter."
James (smirking): "Well, you have to move the car anyway so I can get the container down so you can just move it to Smith's to get the butter."
Quinn (with ulterior motives): "Can I come to Smith's?"
Me: "Yes, that's fine."
Quinn runs upstairs to his money stash and grabs 4 quarters to get things for he and Keely from the gumball machines at the front of the store.
Said oatmeal cookies were made and eaten by James.
Said Halloween decorations were taken out and put around the house by James while cookies were being made.
All is well at the Donovan household :)
1 comment:
Glad EVERYONE got what they wanted in the end! And way to go Erin for being able to make cookies on a weeknight!
Post a Comment