As I predicted, it didn't take long for the wiggly tooth of Keely's to make its exit. She had me wiggle it once each day, sometimes more. And she worked it with her tongue until night before last when it seemed poised to fall out. We were jokingly (sort of) going to tie some floss around it and just give it a sharp tug. It was so loose it probably would have worked easily, but then she got cold feet. Yesterday at camp, she worked up her courage. She put a tissue over it and yanked it out. She says it bled quite a bit but we don't know what that means to a 6 year old. In any event, she ran up to me when I picked her up showing me her new smile. She was so proud of herself for pulling it out, and so excited for the Tooth Fairy to visit. This morning she awoke on her own and ran into my room showing me the $1 bill that was left in place of the tooth. Here's my girl with her new one tooth less smile. And we also have another wiggly one...I suspected it when I was wiggling her other one every day but now that it's out, I can most definitely feel that the one next to the gap is loose.There's one other totally unrelated thing I wanted to write about. As I was starting this post, I looked back at posts of Quinn to see when his teeth fell out. I had to scroll through all the posts labeled Quinn and as I was doing that, I was overcome with a sense of what I have accomplished these last 2 years with this blog. I couldn't help but read a few of the posts as I was scrolling by and there were things that I didn't even remember happening...some big, some little...the minutia of life as it flies past. I am so grateful that I started writing and recording the big and little things that happen in our life. I may not capture everything, I may be late in writing about some of the events. In the end, those facts don't matter though and we have the record. I am glad that the kids (and James and I) will have these recordings to look back upon in the years to come. In the beginning I started this so our extended family & friends could keep track of what we are up to since most are far, far away from us. But I always knew that I was also writing for us, and that this would be a keepsake. Today, I realized that fact and now I know that when I think of updating the blog as a chore I need to just read back through some of the memories and the main reason for writing will bubble back to the surface. It's nice to have a new-found zest for posting :)
No comments:
Post a Comment