Quinn's team chose the name Blue Dragons. They really started clicking this season, at least in most of their games. It seems the work we have been doing on passing and positioning is paying off, they really get it now and sometimes they pass too much instead of just shooting. I continued to help coach, a decision I both love and regret. It's a hard position to be in given that our friends are all parents of other boys on the team. We are pretty fair with playing time and punishments but it's hard, and it always seems someone's feelings get hurt. I don't like to be in the middle but that's just what happened at least once this season, as I was trying to keep friends while staying consistent with the coach. Being an assistant is tough because it's not my team so I just have to try and be helpful where I can. It would be nice to just sit and watch a game....but at the end of the day I am happy to help out. Quinn had a good season. He continues to like playing forward better than other positions but is really just glad to play. He scored a few goals and generally seems to be improving. Most of all he is having fun and really likes soccer.
Keely's team was the Yellow Bumblebees. They are just too cute, running up and down the field sometimes the wrong way. She had a good season too. The weather always seemed to be bad on Tuesdays, either cold or rainy or windy. The girls are tough though and they never quit. Keely would be out there in just her shirt and shorts and I would be freezing on the sideline, wondering how she wasn't also freezing. This age is so fun, they are not really jealous of playing time -- each willing to leave the game so another girl can get her turn. They do love to score goals, and Keely had a few throughout the season. Her favorite was the one she scored from a throw in (which is not legal but was counted in Kindergarten soccer). I only have pictures from one of Keely's game but it's all good because I don't think I had any of her last season.
No comments:
Post a Comment