Whew, March is almost over. As I suspected, it was a fast month. Some things went according to plan, some were surprises. Such is life. As happened today when I was only at work for an hour when I got called to pick Keely up from school due to a belly ache. Not a great start to a Monday. I intended to do a series of posts about various events and happenings but as usual, the plans fell by the wayside. So here's a hodgepodge of what has happened this month in no particular order.
--We had a death in the family. One of Quinn's frogs is no longer with us. RIP Flipper (I think...). Quinn was upset and cried a bit but he's bounced back. The lone frog seems to be doing okay alone.
--The kids are now in the 4th (last!) quarter of the school year and we attended spring conferences with their teachers. They got report cards as well. Quinn is doing well, he got an Outstanding Quarter Improvement award (a free kids' meal at Village Inn). The only thing he needs to work on is handwriting (as usual). He is finishing up his mammal report on the platypus. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Keely is doing really well in Kindergarten. She is so ready for first grade now. She is bored in EDP causing her to misbehave occasionally but her teacher says that it's quite the opposite in class time. I'm so happy with her progress and counting the days until the end of this school year so she can be in full time school come Fall.
--Quinn had his First Communion workshop on Saturday. I attended with him and it was a nice time to spend with just the two of us. Msgr. Bob made us laugh several times and it was very informative (I even learned -- or refreshed my memory -- on a few things). We also started his banner, watched a movie and he even got to practice taking Communion with an unconsecrated host. It's such an exciting step in Catholicism and I can't believe he is old enough for it already!
--Quinn had his first soccer game on Saturday. They lost 2-0 but they started to come alive in the second half. Keely has her first game tomorrow.
--Keely continues with ice skating lessons and just loves it. We also attended an open skate session when Nana was here. She loves dancing to the music while skating.
--We decided to take the 'wait and see' approach with Quinn's teeth. We are still encouraging him to do his tongue exercises and reminding him to keep his mouth closed when he eats (good manners as well as good tongue positioning!). We're hoping his open bite corrects itself as he grows. I really hope that is the best decision, but only time will tell.
I think that's about it. We're rolling into April here and hoping for some real consistent Spring weather. I'm so sick of the cold!
No comments:
Post a Comment