December 29, 2009

Scenes from Christmas

This was a first for us...Christmas as a family of four. We have never been "alone" on Christmas, yet we never felt alone this Christmas. The kids woke up about 7:30 AM and explored the bounty under the tree. While we snuck in a few extra minutes in bed, I overheard their excited talk. One of my favorites from Keely: "Quinn, I am so glad we were good this year!" :)

We took turns opening gifts from under the tree. The kids each received new shoes from Mom and Dad, and quite a few toys and fun things from Santa, Grandma & Grandpa, and aunts and uncles. After presents we enjoyed a lovely breakfast of eggs, bacon and English muffins. Quinn got to work right away on what was his favorite present, a Bionicle dinosaur and figure that sits on top. James got a couple of books, cologne, gift cards to Macy's and iTunes, and a Keurig coffee maker. I received a book, The Office Season 5 on Blu-Ray, a Hokie shirt, perfume, and a robe (much needed since my old one was not only ugly but 13 years old!).

We also discovered the wonder of Skype. We talked with Lois and Ryan for 1.5 hours, finally getting to "meet" baby Adelia. She is so cute and precious and now I am even more excited to travel to see her in person next month! Then we talked with Nana & Papa and all the extended family who were enjoying Christmas at their house. It was nice to see everyone and be a part of their celebration even though we were 2000+ miles away! It is hard to be away from family but the inventions of modern technology are making that a bit easier.

So without further adieu, I prepared this slideshow of pictures from Christmas morning (well, Picasa prepared it since I was too lazy to upload these photos again and they're already on Picasa). Enjoy :)

No comments: