January 4, 2010

Reflections on 2009

We have entered a new year and I have been thinking back on 2009. I always get excited at the beginning of a new year thinking about what it will bring to me and my family. The excitement always lies in good things though when the year will bring with it good and bad times. I had no idea when the calendar turned to 2009 that within 6 weeks I would be unemployed and searching for a new job. That initially was a bad thing but it would turn out to be for the best. As my loyal readers know, I was only unemployed for 2 months and have an even better job now...good pay, low stress, working from home one day a week, and a secure job for at least the next 6-9 months. 2010 may bring another job change for me but at least this time I will know ahead of time and can prepare. In 2009, we had a lot of fun times. We traveled to Denver, Las Vegas, North Carolina, Washington, D.C., Blacksburg, New Jersey, and New York City. Quinn started 2nd grade and Keely started official school in Kindergarten. Quinn continued playing soccer and Keely started her first season. Quinn had his first birthday party and the kids both enjoyed a few sleepovers. I'm sure there is more, but my memory is lapsing as usual.

We already know a few things about 2010. We will travel to Florida next week (!) to meet, cuddle, adore and attend the Baptism of the newest family addition, Adelia. Quinn will participate in a monumental Catholic sacrament of First Holy Communion in May. Keely will enter 1st grade in the Fall, her first year of a full day in school. Quinn and Keely will both be enrolling in soccer for the spring season. What else will 2010 bring for me, James and the kids? I don't know but I am excited to go through it with them. I am sure it will have its ups and downs but there's no other people I would rather be with through them and for that, I am grateful.

No comments: