I had a birthday this past Saturday...33 years old now. As I've been telling family and friends who call to wish me happy birthday, I feel every bit of those 33 years! I love being in my 30s, it's great. I do not long for my 20s or anything younger. But for the first time in my 30s, I am starting to feel like my body just can't do the things it used to do. Aches and pains abound from simple activities and they don't heal as quickly as they used to. Heating pads, ibuprofen and Icy Hot have been part of my daily routine and they may become regulars. I feel the need to stretch more often at the gym -- I used to work out without any stretching. Yes I know that stretching is good for your muscles, yada yada...but I just didn't need to. Now I can't do 30 minutes on a stair master without a nice 5 minute stretch afterwards. Well, enough complaining. I am happy to be alive and well to celebrate another birthday.
I was so happy that my birthday was on a Saturday this year. It was also the first regular weekend we have had since before Thanksgiving. So it was nice to sleep in...interrupted only by my sweet children wishing me a happy birthday. Quinn even made me a homemade card without prompting :) We did the typical Saturday stuff (gym, Sam's) with some Christmas shopping mixed in there. We went out to a lovely dinner at one of my (our) favorite restaurants, Bohemian Brewery. Then we walked around the mall and did a little more Christmas shopping, mostly though to walk off the big yummy meal! I got a great birthday present from James and the kids -- an iPod shuffle that I have had my eye on for months. It is super tiny so I can clip it on my shirt or pants at the gym and it can hold 500 songs. Can't wait to try it out!
So I had a great birthday, and look forward to my 34th year. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment