November 13, 2009
The Main Event
The last day of our trip to New Jersey (minus travel day on Wednesday) was the entire reason the trip had been planned at all. I spoke of this event way back in January! It seemed to have arrived all too fast for something that long in the making, but time flies as it always does. The confirmation was scheduled for 2 PM. It was a very well planned event and it moved along smoothly. I especially liked the Bishop's homily about what confirmation means, he really aimed it at the 8th graders and I hope they got as much out of it as I did. He spoke on their level and made some jokes that I think they mostly got. I don't remember having a funny Bishop when I made my confirmation but certainly it's not the same person as it was 20 years ago (holy cow, that makes me feel old). After the ceremony, we went to a lovely Italian restaurant and had a great dinner. The kids enjoyed spending more time with their cousins. In particular, Keely was happy to be with a girl. Let me explain...all of my cousins are boys. Danielle is the only girl and the next girl born was Keely, nearly 7 years later. And Keely lives 2,000 miles away so they don't often get to spend time together. They were both pretty excited to have another girl around, as evidenced in this picture!
Thanks to Suzie for taking the pictures, since I did not have a camera. I think this family picture plus Danielle & Michael came out really nice.
Here we are with the Bishop. It was very orderly and since Danielle is one of the shortest in her class, we were practically the first out of there with pictures and all.
I am so happy that (a) Danielle asked me to be her sponsor and (b)we were able to make the trip to New Jersey for the event. It was an honor to stand up with her in such an important milestone in her religious life. We enjoyed the time we got to spend with all the family as well, so I'd say it was a perfect trip. Tiring, but fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
erin, the pictures look great! it was a very special day for us as well and we are so glad you and your family were able to share it with us. The kids are getting so big so fast. The day was perfect. love suzie.
Post a Comment