November 17, 2009

The Fight Begins Again

Keely was born in Arizona which I can only presume is the main reason for her distinct aversion to all things cold. She is a happy go lucky girl when she can wear a bathing suit, flip flops, tank tops, shorts, you get the idea -- anything summer like. I dread the winter months with her. The snow has already flown in our neck of the woods and the temperatures are dropping. Which means one thing for me. The fight has begun. Wardrobe issues, as I like to call them. Thank goodness for school clothes because it is the one thing I don't have to fight with her about. And she's way into wearing her pants these days. Yes, I said pants! This from the girl who wore her jumper for one entire year it seemed. But on the weekends and in the outerwear department, I struggle so. She seems to be allergic to socks. She hates her winter coat. She just doesn't want to wear her winter gear. She makes me freezing just looking at her when she's in the house with a summer nightgown and no socks! Warm blooded for sure and most definitely not my offspring in that regard. So the fight has begun and it's no fun. It will continue until say, March or April except for the few warm days that we are graced with before Spring. Oh, and the time we are in Las Vegas. And the time we are in Florida. See why I want to move somewhere warm??? At least this is one thing I wouldn't have to fight about, since she gives us fits and trouble with many other things...

No comments: