Oh wait, I cannot discuss Halloween without an event that occurred first. On Thursday evening, we got home and were headed back out to get some pizza for dinner. The kids both saw a silly piece of paper stuck in our front door and immediately wanted to get it. So I thought I would head off the collision at the door by asking Keely to get the mail, which is in the opposite direction. Silly me. What ended up happening may ruin Quinn's modeling career. They collided, Keely's forehead and Quinn's nose. Oh boy, did he get hit. Immediately bled profusely and I got some ice on it. The swelling started the next day, followed by black eyes. He couldn't breathe through his nose for the first few days and I was really nervous. But we consulted with our family medical personnel and it was decided that (a) it was probably broken and (b) there was nothing a doctor would do but tell me to ice and use ibuprofen to keep the swelling down, which I was already doing. He looked like he's been in a hell of a fight though. Perfect for his ninja costume!
So back to trick or treating. We went to my cousin's house and joined up with 4 cousins and some friends. We had some lunch and then hit the streets. And boy were those crowded streets. I have never seen so many kids out at once. They even have a neighborhood party in a cul-de-sac with music and free food. There was even a Robert DeNiro and Tony Soprano sighting. Good times! We also bobbed for apples, even me -- which I don't think I have ever done before. Here's the evidence...
Keely after soaking herself in the first try for an apple...
The kids lined up eating their free Italian Ices in the cul-de-sac. From left to right, a ninja, two hippies, a rapper (who may have been a pimp...), a scary dude with a Scream mask, pirate with muscles, and a joker with another scary mask. Cute group, huh? Quinn was the only one missing.
Here they are, my two ninjas. This was the only time that they have picked the same costume. Aunt Annie (A.A. as they've started calling her) ordered them online and I was a little nervous that they would not fit. But they were perfect and the kids loved wearing them! If you zoom in, you can see the nose swelling.
Keely loved to pose in her costume with her knives. All weapons were fit into the suitcase and made it home safely.
That was Halloween in New Jersey. The rest of the action packed trip to come...
1 comment:
haahhaa... that was alot of fun... but im mad i missed bobbing for apples! but luckily later on that night after you guys left my friends had bobbing for apples so i was happy :D
Post a Comment