Case in point - This morning at work I get a phone call from her teacher. The conversation goes something like this:
Me: Hello?
Mrs. M: Hello Mrs. Donovan, How is your day going?
Me: Fine so far. (expecting bad news)
Mrs. M: I just wanted to tell you about what happened with Keely this morning in art class. The teacher had them cutting circles with scissors. But Keely didn't cut a circle. Do you know what she cut?
Me: No, what? (while thinking what possible obscene or inappropriate shape she could cut)
Mrs. M: Her hair! She cut a chunk of hair from the back of her head! So I just wanted to let you know so that you're not surprised by the plastic bag of hair in her backpack.
With that, I present the latest keepsake for her baby book...
The teacher mostly thought this was humorous as did I, but Keely and I had a nice conversation about what not to cut with scissors. She said she didn't know why she did it, just "because". Then she actually tried to tell me that someone was controlling her hands making her do it! Can you believe her?!?! Luckily, the hair she removed is covered by other hair and you can't even tell she took any off. But she did get quite a chunk!So that was the news from today. I'd be surprised if her teacher hasn't memorized my cell phone by now :)
P.S. Some boys found the shoe today, buried in sand in the playground and it is now safely on her foot...mystery solved!
No comments:
Post a Comment